There are plenty of ways to balance the dream of motherhood without extinguishing the flames of entrepreneurship.
Though it is a lot of work, the best things are! Here are a few tips that may make juggling the two a little easier.
- Organization: digital or paper planners (or both) are key. Keeping it all aligned without a tool can seem nearly impossible and some things are bound to fall through the cracks. This will also help you plan ahead. If you know a major event is coming up you can juggle your other events accordingly. There are apps to help you schedule business meetings (such as Calendy) as well as personal planner apps (such as Wunderlist).
- Get a team behind you: Whether it’s business partners, accounting advisors, or a shoulder to lean on. You need a team! Surround yourself with diverse specialists that will help your business grow. At home, you can enlist team members as well to help out with the tasks around the house.
- Consider the Cloud: Catalyst was named one of the fastest growing cloud accounting firms in Canada. We can recommend an entire suite of apps that will help automate your business to make your life easier. See more on The Cloud here
- Set goals: Even if they are small at first while you are figuring out your routine, it’s important to set goals for the future for both your business and your personal life. This way you can plan what it will take to get there.
- Accept setbacks: These will happen. It’s important to take them in stride and not let them get you down. Reorganize and look back at your goals to set your course straight.
- Take care of yourself: Don’t forget about yourself. It’s important to take some time for self-care so that you can invigorate yourself for the days to come.
Parental leave as an entrepreneur is also something to consider. Unless you register and pay into an EI program, Canadian business owners are not automatically entitled to parental leave.
As always, if you have any questions about how your trusted advisors at Catalyst can help, you can contact us at 403-296-0082 or firstname.lastname@example.org