Catalyst is a registered trade-mark of Catalyst Assurance.Taxation.Advisory. This trade-mark is licensed to the Catalyst group of companies being:
- Catalyst Management Consultants Inc.
- Catalyst Valuations Inc.
- Catalyst Wealth Planning Ltd.
- Catalyst Advisory Group
- Catalyst Financial Operations Inc.
- Catalyst Land Management Inc.
We Are Accountable For The Personal Information In Our Possession.
Collecting personal information
In most instances, Catalyst will collect, use or disclose personal information only to provide professional services to you. Each engagement letter includes an explanation of why we require information, what use will be made of it and with whom it may be shared in order to provide our professional services.
Your personal information may be disclosed internally and within the Catalyst group of companies for the purpose of determining compliance with applicable professional standards, our internal policies, the performance of quality reviews and to ensure you are receiving the best possible professional advice having regard to your needs and request. Personal Information may also be shared in order to allow us to offer services or products that may be of interest to you.
In accordance with professional standards, if you are an audit or attest client, personal information may be shared with the Catalyst audit or attest engagement team and other firm personnel so that it may be used in the audit or attest engagement.
Choice and Consent
The Terms and Conditions of every professional services engagement are documented in an Engagement Letter. By signing the engagement letter, you will be providing your consent to the collection, use and disclosure as described.
The collection of your information will be limited to that which is required to provide our services or operate our business.
You always have the option not to provide your consent to the collection, use and distribution of your personal information, or to withdraw your consent at a later stage. Where you choose not to provide us with permission to collect, use or disclose personal information, we may not have sufficient information to provide you with our services.
Use and Retention of Personal Information
If we intend to use your personal information for a purpose not previously identified to you, we will obtain your prior consent.
However, we may use personal information without consent where for the purpose of acting in respect of an emergency that threatens the life, health or security of an individual. We may also disclose personal information without consent:
- to comply with a subpoena, a warrant or an order made by a court or other body with appropriate jurisdiction or to comply with rules of conduct required by regulatory bodies
- to a government institution that has requested the information, identified its lawful authority, and indicates that disclosure is for the purpose of enforcing, carrying out an investigation, or gathering intelligence relating to any federal, provincial or foreign law; or suspects that the information relates to national security or the conduct of international affairs; or is for the purpose of administering any federal or provincial law
- to an investigative body or government institution on our initiative when we believe the information concerns a breach of an agreement, or a contravention of a federal, provincial, or foreign law, or we suspect the information relates to national security or the conduct of international affairs.
In compliance with professional standards, we keep a record of the work performed by us. This record or “working papers” may include personal information. Our policies and procedures include the appropriate safeguards against unauthorized and inappropriate access.
Accuracy of Personal Information
The personal information that we collect about you must be accurate, complete and current to ensure we can provide our services. On occasion you may be asked to update your personal information. Whenever possible, we request that you advise us of any changes to your personal information that may be relevant to the services we are providing to you.
Clients are encouraged to contact their engagement partner to update their personal information.
Safeguarding of Personal Information
As a client, you have the right to review and obtain a copy of your personal information on record in our individual offices by contacting your engagement partner.
In most instances, you will receive a response to your request within 30 days. If you have any concerns about the access provided to you, you are encouraged to contact us at (403) 296-0082.
Catalyst will respond to individual complaints and questions relating to privacy. We will investigate and attempt to resolve all complaints.